How can you support your favourite businesses online?
This week non-essential shops reopened – and it’s SO good to have retailers, pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, barbers and salons open on the high street again! How can we support them online?
The best ways to support your favourite businesses is to buy their goods and services or gift vouchers – BUT you can also show your love for your favourite businesses on Social Media.
There are a variety of ways to support local shops online to help spread their content further and reach more potential customers. Doing some of the below actions can really make a big difference in helping get their content out to more people.
- Like and Follow their pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and wherever else you or they may be active
- React to their posts – On Facebook – a reaction such as a love heart or wow face is more meaningful than a like
- Commenting on posts and tagging friends if appropriate whom you think may be interested in the post
- Sharing their posts – you have options to share onto your timeline, share into groups or with specific friends via Messenger or as a story
- Save posts on Instagram – this is the equivalent of sharing
- Leave a Facebook or Google review – you may have seen Google Ads showing their support for local businesses and their campaign #DearLocal – here’s the link to the video from Google Advert with Anthony Joshua
- Suggest your favourite business when a person asks for recommendations in a group – you can do this by tagging the business account directly onto the post using ‘@businessname’
Times continue to be tough for many people and businesses so even if you can’t buy from them or pay for their service right now, you can still support them on social media for FREE!
Share the love to help local businesses stay strong!